Last Modified : January 13, 2022
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the site again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. Cookies provide a convenience feature to save you time, or tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. Cookies set by the website owner (in this case, NONDISCLOSE) are called “first party cookies”. Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called “third party cookies”. Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g. like advertising, interactive content and analytics). The parties that set these third party cookies can recognise your computer both when it visits the website in question and also when it visits certain other websites.
We use first party and third party cookies for several reasons. Some cookies are required for technical reasons in order for our Websites to operate, and we refer to these as “essential” or “strictly necessary” cookies. Other cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our Websites and NONDISCLOSE Services. For example, NONDISCLOSE keeps track of the Website and pages you visit within NONDISCLOSE, in order to determine what portion of the NONDISCLOSE Website or Services is the most popular or most used. This data is used to deliver customized content and promotions within the NONDISCLOSE Website and Subscription Flow to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area. Third parties serve cookies through our Websites for advertising, analytics and other purposes. This is described in more detail below.
What types of cookies do we use and how do we use them?
The specific types of first and third party cookies served through our Website and the purposes they perform. For a list of the cookies used by NONDISCLOSE, see below. These cookies include:
- Essential website cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our Websites.
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of our Websites but are non-essential to their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable.
- Analytics and customisation cookies: These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our Websites are being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customise our Websites for you.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed for advertisers, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests.
- Social networking cookies: These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content that you find interesting on our Websites through third party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes too.
How can I control cookies?
You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies.
In addition, most advertising networks offer you a way to opt out of targeted advertising. If you would like to find out more information, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ or http://www.youronlinechoices.com. Please note this does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive generic advertisements.
Essential website cookies: Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the Websites to you, you cannot refuse them. You can block or delete them by changing your browser settings however, as described above.
Do you serve targeted advertising?
Third parties may serve cookies on your computer or mobile device to serve advertising through our Website. These companies may use information about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide relevant advertisements about goods and services that you may be interested in. They may also employ technology that is used to measure the effectiveness of advertisements. This can be accomplished by them using cookies or web beacons to collect information about your visits to this and other sites in order to provide relevant advertisements about goods and services of potential interest to you. The information collected through this process does not enable us or them to identify your name, contact details or other personally identifying details unless you choose to provide these.
Where can I get further information?